Menu

Ftp o webdav plugin ??

Rpm
2006-05-27
2013-04-30
  • Rpm

Rpm - 2006-05-27

if there a ftp, webdav plugin ?? if not, i will make a feature requestion...

Thanks

• Philippe Ombredanne

There is none bundled for now.
      That would be great to have one!
      What would you have in mind?

• Rpm

Rpm - 2006-05-28

i installed the ftp-wedav plugin from the eclipse downloads, http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.1.2-200601181600/download.php?dropFile=eclipse-FTP-WebDAV-3.1.2.zip

i just copy the files en the plugins directory and everthing works fine. In the software update -> manage configuration menu it's not enable, but works anyway.

I even test the synchronize feature and it worked fine.

Maybe you can test this plugin to add it to easyeclipse.

• Philippe Ombredanne

Interesting, I never went past trying it becasue it seems it did not install... did you test it against an easyeclipse install, by chance?
          Coul you enter a feature request for that too?
          What I could is try to build it...
          Coudl you help with the tests?

• Rpm

Rpm - 2006-05-29

yes, i have tested in an easyeclipse install, only, like i said, it shows that this plugin it's not enabled, but it works anyway.

I have no problem to do some tests, just let me know.

Right now i'm making a feature request.

• Rpm

Rpm - 2006-05-30

i forgot one thing...the actual ftp-webdav plugin is very difficult to work with, because you can import files from an ftp-webdav site, but it's very frustrating when you like to work with this file in the ftp-webdav server. With this plugin you have to do somekind of "checkout" to get the file list, then open the file/s to edit, and when you want to save the file to the server, you have to do a synchronization. It's a very slow process and a waste of time.

If someone add this plugin to easyeclipse, please, try to make the plugin more easy. To put an example, the dreamweaver ftp-webdav tool.