After being contacted by a user from Greece, I finally decided to add its request while many corrections and improvements had to be made.
1) The new feature is the possibility to configurate a beep tone each time a counter reaches a multiple of a number.
2) Corrections involve the "escape" key event and aborting the quitting operation.
3) Improvements are mainly viewable topics: new logo, new font and icon for pop-up boxes, and the entries zone for counters'name is screwable.... read more
Three major improvements :
1) a binary is directly usable for Windows 32 bits users
2) installation scripts for Windows and Linux avoid Activestate's references because of an incompatibility on its Tk module, and is swapped with Strawberry perl engine instead.
3) installation for Linux avoid Activestate's references in case of an incompatibility on its Tk module.
This version brings 2 majors improvements:
1- the counters are presented in a notebook view, offering the ability to work on several groups of counters with a unique window.
2- the installation scripts are corrected at last!
This version embeds a minor but not a useless evolution: the counter allows you to decrement what you have previously incremented. And of course, all the original functionalities are still in (backward/forward correction, README updated, etc...). Enjoy this one before the next more consequent release in 2011 (I hope) !
That's a non significant correction for the use of easycounter as it involves only the little informative script on having the Perl engine or not in your computer. It used to say “Perl engine is already installed!” always… Now it’s fixed and the v1.0.3 package is up to date! Enjoy and many thanks to those who have downloaded the project since the beginning (about 60!)
Last version 1.0.3 is available now with a safe and viable sharing skill: you can easily integrate it in your own existing Perl/Tk project. Next version (for next year 2011, I assume) will be focused on adding a new ambitious functionality.