-visit command line parameter/option

2010-04-04
2013-04-16
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Does anyone know how to use the -visit command line option? using "eaglemode -h" there is a suggestion that one could use this switch to navigate to a specific panel in the VC on the initial startup (for that session only). Am I reading this correctly?

##################################################
    user@localhost:~>eaglemode -h | grep visit
      -visit <panel identity> Panel to be visited initially.
    ##################################################

How does one use the switch? What are the panel identities? How are they specified?
    Upon trying different item names (clock, Clock, Clock1, Clock1.emVcItem, and a few others, eaglemode opens from the eagle top-most view, and displays a "Not Found" dialog.

I would really like to make use of this "visit" command line option. If anyone knows what it does, and how best to use it, perhaps maybe some examples, that would be great and much appreciated. Much thanks in advance.

And much thanks to those Eagle Mode developers and maintainers! My hat is off to you for this great program - I love it!

• Oliver Hamann

Oliver Hamann - 2010-04-04

If you want to know the identity of a panel, you could first create a bookmark to it, because then you can find the identity near the bookmark button: This Bookmark -> Location -> Panel Identity.

Here are two examples:

eaglemode -visit ::Clock1:
    # visit the big clock

eaglemode -visit ::FS::::usr::share::icons
    # visit /usr/share/icons

The identity of a panel is simply a colon-separated list of panel names, starting with the root panel (the eagle) down to the identified panel. Many panels have empty names in order to make the identities as short as possible. Therefore you see so many colons. You can find the panel names also when playing with the tree dump utility.

• Nobody/Anonymous

That's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you, bravo, bravo, bravo, perfecto!!
    Thank you again for this wonderful application.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks