A couple of how-to requests.

maindoor
2014-05-02
2014-05-13
  • maindoor

maindoor - 2014-05-02

Hi,

1) How do we decide where to place the buttons in the panel above. For example: I would like to
    interchange "delete" with "New Dir". I saw Delete.pl but couldn't find the coordinates where to place
    the button.

2) Is it possible to start Eaglmode with focus on a particular directory when I invoke/start it from the directory ? It currently starts from my home directory.

• Oliver Hamann

Oliver Hamann - 2014-05-02

1) Modify the Order property in the command files (See http://eaglemode.sourceforge.net/emFileManCustomization.html#3.1 )

2) I assume you are on Linux: Eagle Mode has a command line option for giving the identity of a panel to visit at start-up. For example:

eaglemode -visit ::FS::::usr::local

starts in /usr/local. Now, here comes a perl script, which converts the current directory into a panel identity and starts Eagle Mode with that:

#!/usr/bin/perl
    use strict;
    use warnings;
    use Cwd;

my $identity = '::FS';
    foreach my $n (split(/\//,getcwd())) {
        $identity .= '::'.$n;
    }
    system("eaglemode -visit \"$identity\"");

Save that script with executable permission in a bin directory (e.g. as "/usr/bin/em-start-here.pl"), and then you can run it from the desired directory.

• Zeniff

Zeniff - 2014-05-13

About 2):
    Also, if you want Eagle Mode to start up every time in the "same" particular directory, then you can first navigate to the directory in Eagle Mode and then set a bookmark as the start-up location.

(The default bookmarks are the buttons Help, Home, Root, Virtual Cosmos, Chess, etc... You can add your own or change them to point to any directory.)

You will see the bookmark's properties by zooming in just to the right of the bookmark. There, you can add/change a bookmark to point to a directory by using the "Set Location" button and changing the bookmark's "Visit At Program Start" setting.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks