- Notebook HP ZBook 17'' with I217-LM (rev. 04) network controller;
- Kubuntu 12.04.4;
- e1000e 188.8.131.52-NAPI driver;
The network controller is not recognized with distro driver so I installed the e1000e 184.108.40.206-NAPI driver but I noticed an unexpected behaviour:
- If the system boots with the network cable plugged-in the network controller works 99.9% of times;
- If the system boots with the network cable not plugged-in and you plug the cable in after the system boot the network adapter doesn't work (it sends but it doesn't receive any packets). In order to make the network controller working properly it is necessary to disconnect and reconnect the cable (typically one time).
I tried the same notebook with the following configurations:
- Kubuntu 12.04.4 + e1000e 3.0.4-NAPI (and some previous versions): Same unexpected behaviour;
- Opensuse 13.1.10 + distro driver e1000e 2.3.2-k: It Works!
- Opensuse 13.1.10 + e1000e 220.127.116.11-NAPI: Same unexpected behaviour;
I the attachments is possible to find dmesg, system logs, ethtool info, lspci.log with respect to the Opensuse + 18.104.22.168 just after the connection of the cable.