EPIC on Fedora Core 6

Help
2007-04-24
2013-05-20
  • Jack Tanner

Jack Tanner - 2007-04-24

How should one install EPIC on Fedora Core 6? If I try to install from the testing site via the Eclipse package manager in the GUI, all I get is:

Current configuration contains errors that are not corrected by the requested operation and more errors would be introduced. See details for more information.
      ----- Current configuration problems -----
        Error creating feature "file:/usr/share/eclipse/features/org.eclipse.rcp_3.2.1.r321_v20060801-clWbqCmjexIWDqg/". [/usr/share/eclipse/features/org.eclipse.rcp_3.2.1.r321_v20060801-clWbqCmjexIWDqg/feature.xml (No such file or directory)]
      ----- Configuration problems after the operation -----
        Error creating feature "file:/usr/share/eclipse/features/org.eclipse.rcp_3.2.1.r321_v20060801-clWbqCmjexIWDqg/". [/usr/share/eclipse/features/org.eclipse.rcp_3.2.1.r321_v20060801-clWbqCmjexIWDqg/feature.xml (No such file or directory)]

It's true that /usr/share/eclipse/features/org.eclipse.rcp* doesn't exist.

I imagine it's a Fedora problem, but please chime in if you know how to solve it or work around it.

• Jack Tanner

Jack Tanner - 2007-04-24

And to answer my own question, make sure that you've installed the eclipse-rcp-sdk RPM. Works like magic.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks