Help save net neutrality! Learn more.
Close

EPIC and Catalyst

Help
2011-11-18
2013-05-20
  • Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards - 2011-11-18

Does anyone have any experience using EPIC Eclipse and Perl Catalyst together?

I have a Catalyst application I'd like to step through with the debugger, but I'm having problems. Once the debugger reaches the point where the Catalyst Script runner starts up the app, Eclipse spawns a new console window for a 'daughter debugger'; after this point I can only use the console debugger, not the GUI debugger/breakpoints I set up in Eclipse. I am speculating that Eclipse is getting 'confused' because the Catalyst script runner is spawning a 2nd Perl process to handle HTTP requests…

Anyone had this problem and/or know how to do this with EPIC Eclipse?

• Jan Ploski

Jan Ploski - 2011-11-18

I have no direct experience with Catalyst, but the instructions for setting up mod_perl debugging (or any "Remote Debug" configuration) could be helpful. Basically, EPIC needs to start listening for a session (which happens when you start a remote debug configuration), and the Perl side has to connect to the listener. Furthermore, file system contents and include paths on the Eclipse and the "remote" side must match.