epic_links

Help
2009-06-01
2013-05-20
  • Michael Masters

Michael Masters - 2009-06-01

I was wondering if there is a way to prevent EPIC from opening files up in the epic_links project.

I'm a little confused as to why it opens the files up in this project when browsing through code. Can someone explain why this is the case? When I edit the file in epic_links, this doesn't change the original file. Is it suppose to?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

• Jan Ploski

Jan Ploski - 2009-06-01

It depends on the file's location on disk relative to your project directory. All files that don't reside within the directory tree of a user-defined project are opened in the epic_links pseudo-project. Changes to a file made in the editor result in changes on disk (when saved), regardless of whether it belongs to epic_links or a user-defined project.

• Michael Masters

Sweeet! I had problems because the code was imported into the project. I recreated the project and didn't choose the default location. This seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Mike

• Michael Masters

Interesting. The files I'm opening are in the current project. Is there something I can look at to make it look in the current project?

If I use command-shift-r (I'm on a mac), I can find the file(s) by searching for them in the current project.

• Jan Ploski

Jan Ploski - 2009-06-01

Check the absolute paths displayed in the Properties dialog for each file (the one in epic_links and the one you found in your project).

• Michael Masters

Also, if I change the file in epic_links, save it, then open the file in the project...it doesn't see the change. Is there a way for me to see which file epic_links is pointing to?

• Michael Masters

Doh! I found it under properties and it's pointing to a different one. I'm going to try and create the project again to see if that will fix the problem.

Thanks!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks