Menu

Launching Scripts

Help
2009-11-05
2013-05-20
  • David Rooke

David Rooke - 2009-11-05

Hi,
    I am new to both Eclipse and EPIC and so that's a recipe for a few issues;)

So far, I have been able run a script by hard coding the script name into the run configuration I've created. For any other script I'll have to re-enter the name into run configuration editor which is repetition I didn't expect to be having to perform.

I've tried clearing the script name tab of the run config on the assumption that Eclipse/EPIC will detect and run the selected (in the project pane) script. That generates an exception,  "java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException".

Can anyone help me with making execution more seamless?

Regards,
    David

• Jan Ploski

Jan Ploski - 2009-11-05

The Eclipse way of doing things is to create a launch configuration per executable (and arguments, and environment variables etc.) that you want to run. This also applies to Perl scripts. Then you can use the Run/Debug button to re-launch last script (browse older threads for how to set up the Launching preferences for this to always work). You can also select from among the last few launch configurations using the Run/Debug button's pulldown menu.

Of course, if you have 100 scripts, then you'd have 100 launch configurations, which would become fairly unwieldy. In such case something like a central "launcher" script which pops up a dialog prompting for the name of the real script to be launched might be a solution.