EPIC New Perl File extension

Help
Mike Mike
2013-06-05
2013-06-05
  • Mike Mike

Mike Mike - 2013-06-05

Sorry, there's no search feature in these forums to see if this question has been answered.

I'm taking a Perl class right now and I just found out about EPIC and installed it correctly to my Eclipse.

According to the file association in Eclipse preferences, .pl and .pm are mapped correctly to the EPIC Perl Editor.

However, whenever I create a new Perl Project and create a new "Perl file", the file created has no automatic file extension of .pl or .pm to it and I keep having to manually right click each file and renaming it to .pl which is time consuming when working with a lot of files.

I haven't been able to figure out a way to change the settings in the preferences of Eclipse so that when I create a new Perl file, it automatically adds the pl extension.

Can someone help explain to me how to do this? I could not figure it out.

The answer isn't available on the first page of Google search results either.

Thanks,

Mike

Last edit: Mike Mike 2013-06-05
  • Jan Ploski

Jan Ploski - 2013-06-05

There is an input field labeled "Search Discussion" in top left corner of the page.

When you create a new file, you can and should enter the file name with an extension (.pl or .pm). You don't have to rename the files afterwards. Providing an automatic file extension isn't reasonable because EPIC can't guess which file you want to create (.pl or .pm), nor should it have to.

• Mike Mike

Mike Mike - 2013-06-05

Hi Jan,

Thanks for letting me know. I did not know what the pm file extension is that's different from the pl extension that I'm learning in class, so that makes sense what you said about EPIC not guessing which to create.

Thanks.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks