Change color scheme

2003-10-27
2003-10-29
  • Christopher H. Laco

What's the most sane way to change the color scheme in EPIC?

I noticed the 5 or so color schemes available in prefes, but non of them are quite right for my tastes. Specifically, I'd like to make my comments color more contrasting to my source.

• Jochen Ruehl

Jochen Ruehl - 2003-10-28

Hi,

if you are using the standard editor you can simpy change the colours in the preferences (Window->Preferences->Perl EPIC->Editor->Syntax.

If you are using the Colorer Plugin extension there are no preferences for syntax colouring, because the plugin does not use the Eclipse preference mechanism.
      You should be able to change the colours manually in the file $ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins/net.sf.colorer_x.x.x/colorer/hrd/rgb/eclipse.hrd.

Hope that helps...

Bye
      Jochen

• Christopher H. Laco

Thanks. I know there were some syntax coloring issues in the past. Which of the two is preferred now a days?

• Jochen Ruehl

Jochen Ruehl - 2003-10-29

Hi,

let me put it like this. If you are a non Windows/Linux user you don't have a choice. You have to stick with the standard colourer, because the  "Colorer Plugin" currently only works with Windows/Linux.
      Although the "Colorer Plugin" is not so well integrated into Eclipse (eg. changing hightlighting colours) it is faster, does better highlighting and has bracket matching.
      I think most Windows/Linux users use the "Colorer Plugin".
      The standard colorer is not perfect, but has the advantage of being platform independent.

Bye
      Jochen

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks