Menu

Changing Java 'System Default' Color?

Chuck B.
2006-04-24
2013-05-20
  • Chuck B.

Chuck B. - 2006-04-24

I know this probably isn't the best place post this question, but I'm really at a loss on where to go. 

I'm now running EPIC from a Unix server using the Java VM.

eclipse -vm /opt/java/jre/bin/java -vmargs -Xmx256M &

But, the "System Default" background color is this terrible cyan.  When I was running EPIC on WinXP, the default was white. 

I've changed the Perl EPIC -> Editor -> Syntax -> Background Color to white.  However, all other windows (including the column separator between code lines and the actual code) are still cyan.

I know this must be a Java setting somewhere.  But, I can't seem to Google an answer. 

I really would like to change the Java System Default color.  Can any kind soul point me in the right direction?

• Jan Ploski

Jan Ploski - 2006-04-25

You did not mention which widget toolkit version of Eclipse you are using (Motif or GTK?) Settings such as the widgets' default background colour are influenced by the widget toolkit's configuration (for GTK, ~/.gtkrc-2.0). They are not specific to Java.

• Chuck B.

Chuck B. - 2006-04-25

Sorry, I am running the HP-UX (HP9000/Motif) version.  So, I assume GTK settings do not play a role.

• Chuck B.

Chuck B. - 2006-04-25

Thank you Jan.  After your post, I started searching for Motif settings.  Eventually my searches led me to the answer.

For setting Eclipse color schemes on HPUX systems, here's the full info:
      http://devresource.hp.com/drc/ocmp/ocde/faq.jsp#GS4