Eclipse 3.0M9 and Epic working

2004-06-23
2004-06-30
  • Oliver Brusberg

Oliver Brusberg - 2004-06-23

Just FYI. I managed to make Epic working with 3.0M9 (WinNT4.0):

1. Of course, install eclipse 3M9 and Epic first.
    2. Install xerces (I simply copied the plugin directory org.apache.xerces_4.0.13 from my 2.1.2 installation)
    3. start eclipse with
        C:\eclipse3\eclipse.exe -vmargs -Djava.endorsed.dirs=plugins/org.apache.xerces_4.0.13

Now it is possible to create perl projects again.
    (I found a hint in the documentation for the EMF project.)

• Marcos Silva Pereira

Hi, really a nice tip! I tried this on Eclipse RC3 and works fine. Thanks a lot. :-)

valeuz...

• Marcos Silva Pereira

Shit! was only eclipse colorer and perl Editor does not work. Any way, I can create Perl Projects.

valeuz...

• Oliver Brusberg

Oliver Brusberg - 2004-06-25

Looks like everything is working here. I can create Perl Projects, syntax highlighting,  syntax checks, content assist, quick ref, outline, templates, regexp plugin is working.

(But youre right. In the very beginning it didnt work. I had to create a new perl project with an new *.pl file, then it worked for my elder projects too. Ok, I dont know why it is so, it looks a little bit coincidental to me.)

• Marcos Silva Pereira

Hi, I follow these steps. I start Eclipse, make the Perl editor default to pl files and so restart the Eclipse, create a perl project and when I tried create a pl file, the following error occur:
      Unable to instantiate the editor: org.epic.perleditor.editors.PerlEditor
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
      cbg/editor/ColoringSourceViewerConfiguration.

So I try put in the java.endorsed.dirs start parameter the directory witch contains this class (plugins\org.epic.ext.cbg.editor_0.3.0) and does not work yet. Some suggestion?! this plugin is important to me.

valeuz...

• Marcos Silva Pereira

Moreover, reading other post in this forum, I can see that support to Eclipse3 is under development (course!). But, there is some prevision to release a version compatible with Eclipse3? Futhermore, in the post that I'ved read, the prevision was "a week after Eclipse3 release".

valeuz...

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks