Perl Builder to use PERL5LIB

2009-10-07
2013-05-20
  • Gordon Hutchison

Thank you for EPIC!  It helps in Perls 'pr' here inside my work env.

Is there anyway to get the "Perl Include Path" of the Project that the Perl builder uses to update PERL5LIB instead of/ as well as PERLLIB?

My motive is:
    I have some libraries that we develop in WIndows/Linux and then run on AIX. I have cached a 'standard' set of site_local CPAN libraries in the Perl project and use the  PERL5LIB feature of appending perl -V:archname etc to the base directory.

Or is there some other sneaky way I can do this other than a system wide setting of $PERL5LIB?

Thanks for any gems :-)
    Gordon Hutchison

• Marco

Marco - 2009-10-07

Hi Gordon,
    I'm quite new to Epic… however here are my 0.2 cents.
    I setup PERLIB in the "Run Configuration" or "Debug Configuration" of Eclipse. While in Eclipse, open the Run menu and find Run Config or Debug Config.
    There you will find an area where you can setup ENVIRONMENT variables as well as program arguments.

HTH.
    Regards,
    - Marco.

• Marco

Marco - 2009-10-07

Hi Gordon,
    I setup PERLIB in the "Run Configuration" or "Debug Configuration" of Eclipse. While in Eclipse, open the Run menu and find Run Config or Debug Config.
    There you will find an area where you can setup ENVIRONMENT variables as well as program arguments.

HTH.
    Regards,
    - Marco.

• Marco

Marco - 2009-10-07

Hi Gordon,

HTH.
    Regards,
    - Marco.

• Gordon Hutchison

Thanks you for that help. Actually I am reasonably familiar with the run/debug configs area - it is the setting used by the Perl Eclipse 'builder' that sets up the error and warning markers in the EPIC editor I am more interested in i.e. the EPIC Builder (http://www.eclipsepluginsite.com/builders-natures-markers.html sort of thing) running perl syntax checking under a env with $PERL5LIB set from the perl projects 'perl include path' property.

Gordon.

• Jan Ploski

Jan Ploski - 2009-10-07

The builder used by EPIC doesn't set environment variables. It uses a series of -I options to pass the include path to perl (the same is true for running/debugging). So I think that the only solution would be to replace the perl executable (in EPIC Preferences) with a wrapper script which inspects and tweaks the command line/environment according to your liking (and finally execs the original perl).

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks