(submitting on behalf of Jim Cooper)
1. Install Eclipse to a clean subdirectory, and open a new workspace.
2. Install latest E.P.I.C.
3. Open Perl perspective, and make sure it is active.
4. Close Eclipse, delete the subdirectory, but save the workspace.
5. Re-install Eclipse, and open the saved workspace.
6. Notice the perspective name has a set of <> added around the name.
7. Repeat starting at Step #2.
Every time through this cycle, another set of <> are added around the name. My current Eclipse says I have the <<<<<<<Perl>>>>>>> perspective open - see attachment.