First: Let me say THANK YOU for using DynaQ-we still working hard, making our searching engine more usable, stable, and even innovative!
Further, don't hesitate to post to the DynaQ mailing list in the case you have ANY questions- even if you are still 'one of the' firsts now. There are no stupid questions, we will answer as soon as possible!
Now to our current release:
- java webstart version with autoupdate facility (look at the download section of our dynaq website http://dynaq.opendfki.de\)
- thumbnail generation for nearly all document formats with the help of OpenOffice
- 'picture mode' in result view enables better browsing in pictures/thumbnails
- first version of picture similarity (better versions soon)
- autocompletion for searching terms
- better performance (memory + cpu)
- enhanced data source configuration. Simply browse&click
- many, many small enhancements... read more
We are proud to present our first release!
Thinking it is stable enough, we hope that the application will keep this behaviour also at YOUR machine :)
Enjoy! I wish much fun with DynaQ - and as less frustration as possible!
..the application will follow in a few days hopefully - we want to make a final polishing in order to finish release 1.0
Up to the current day, DynaQ is also available at sourceforge.net.
Thanks for accepting our project :)
Chris (author of dynaq)