Menu

slow (!!!) AC3 sound on S/PDIF

Anonymous
2001-10-02
2001-10-05
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2001-10-02

Hi!

I'm using xine 0.9.1 with em8300(dxr3) 0.8.2. After some hours of configurating these two beasts, I finally have nice video, and PCM digital sound (ProLogic). But, somehow I got the funny idea that I wanted to use my DD decoder in AC3 mode ;-). Now comes the $SUBJECT part. When I set a52_pass_through in xine the sound became slow!!!
    It was DD5.1 indeed, but slow (and thus no sync)..
    I mean, as I was listening to an old tape or something with wrong electronics. Has anyone else encountered this strange phenomenon?? I wouldn't think that my box was to slow (Duron 750, 512 Megs of RAM, kernel 2.4.9, H+ mpeg decoder).

• Rick Haines

Rick Haines - 2001-10-02

The sound speed needs to be set to 48khz for ac3 mode.  This has been fixed in the driver in cvs.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2001-10-03

Thanks a lot! And is there a chance that this fixed stuff will come out in a new release in a few weeks? One more thing: This morning I was experimenting with some row VOB files (in xine), and unencrypted DVD-s (playing with the xine-dvd plugin instead of xine-d4d /css/). The result: perfect synchronized audio and video!!! How could this be? Could there also be a problem with the 4d4 plugin?

• Rick Haines

Rick Haines - 2001-10-04

It will eventually be in a new release, but I don't know when yet.  I don't know why another input plugin would work differently.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2001-10-05

Yes, yes, yes!! It's working now. I did a cvs checkout (dancing with the devil ;-), copied em8300_audio.c (or something like that) into the 0.8.2 dir, did a make install in modules and... AC3 was alive! Thankx a lot for your excellent work! I'm almost ready to completely kill my "other" OS(?).