Menu

Crashes on M1 MBP: setup element matrix and others

2021-11-19
2021-12-20
  • Alfonso Villegas

Hello,

I've just downloaded DWsim 6.7.1.1 on my M1 MBP (macOS Monterey 12.0.1) and I have issues with the application crashing.

For example I am trying to use a Gibbs reactor, but whenever I click on Setup Element Matrix, the application quits.

I am however able to open the flowsheet sample "Gibbs and Equilibrium reactor" and solve it. But again if I try to click on "Setup Element Matrix" the application quits.

I've also tried running an even simpler simulation with a compressor. I was able to solve the flowsheet at first, but at some point, after I made some changes, the application quit again.

Is there a way to solve these issues?

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2021-11-19

Hi Alfonso,

In your Documents/DWSIM Application Data folder you will find a file named "errors.log". Can you attach it here, please?

• Alfonso Villegas

Hi Daniel,

Here is the errors.log file.

• Daniel Medeiros

Go to Global Settings and see if you have this checked, if yes then uncheck it:

• Alfonso Villegas

Hi Daniel,

I had it unchecked.

• Daniel Medeiros

Thanks. I was able to reproduce the issue in my macbook. Next version will have a fix for it.

Regards
    Daniel

• Alfonso Villegas

Great, thanks!

Kind regards,
    Alfonso

• Alfonso Villegas

Hello Daniel,

I still have an issue with the setup element matrix... I always get an error saying that the Element Matrix is not defined for my Gibbs reactor. With the new version, I can now open the Element Matrix but the Matrix is completely empty, showing only the name of only one of the reacting compounds and not showing the compound elements either. Also, if I click on "reset" the element matrix, the application crashes. I attach here the errors.log file.

Thank you for your amazing work and help!

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2021-12-20

Hi Alfonso,

Can you take a screenshot of the compound selection window and another from the matrix editor?