Menu

Implementing an absorption column for CO2 scrubbing

PK
2021-05-18
2024-01-16
  • PK

PK - 2021-05-18

I should first thank Daniel and the amazing community for making such a valuable tool and making it available for free. You guys are awesome

I am attempting to purify a mixture of methane and CO2 by water scrubbing in an absorption column. I understand that implementing Henry's coefficients should be important.

I tried using both the native absorption column as well the one provided by ChemSep. While the data from Chemsep always showed an increase in CO2 percentage, the results from native DWSIM column were more sensible and methane percentage increased.

I used the Roult model because I read in the forum that it takes care of the Henry's constants. However, irrespective of the no of stages the methane percentage was stuck close to 61%. What am I missing here ?
    Any pointers will be useful.

Also any pointers how to do it in ChemSep would be useful. I ticked the Henry's constant in Chemsep but it refused to scrub methane.

Thanks & Regards
    PK

• PK

PK - 2021-05-18

I got it. The water was getting saturated. When I increased water flow the system worked in the native absorber but the ChemSep sim still does not work.

Attaching the ChemSep simulation here.

Last edit: PK 2021-05-18
  • PK

PK - 2021-05-20

Fixed the ChemSep one as well. Stupid mistake. The inlet lean water had gas components by mistake. Just learned that one needs to click "Accept changes" after changing and pressing enter is not sufficient.

• Wempi Lumbanraja

Hi PK

Very thanks for the file

Regards

Last edit: Wempi Lumbanraja 2024-01-17