Menu

Problem with Ammonia reactor Conversion for Ammonia plant

2024-07-07
2024-08-08
  • Zainab Idris

Zainab Idris - 2024-07-07

Hello, good day everyone.

I am a final year student at the University of Lagos, Nigeria, working on a research project to simulate a renewable green ammonia plant.

I previously built a DWSIM model for this project and was able to successfully run simulations. However, I am now encountering convergence issues. I have tried using older versions of the simulation file, but the problem persists.

Another issue I am having is I cannot find a way to add a valve after the hydrogen storage tank to regulate the flow out of it. I would like to make the flow rate of ammonia into my reactor constant as the renewable sources used to power the electrolysis cells are intermittent and thus the amount of hydrogen produced during the day will vary. The valve does not work even when I vary the opening of the valve.

I have attached my DWSIM file for reference.

I appreciate any insights anyone can offer me.

Thank you.

• Maxim Khmylov

Maxim Khmylov - 2024-07-18

I adjusted the nitrogen consumption (increased to 115 mmol/h) - the calculation is being performed. The correct nitrogen : hydrogen ratio should be close to 1:1.

• Zainab Idris

Zainab Idris - 2024-08-08

Thank you very much.

I apologize for replying so late. I was writing my exams.

The file works now, but the issue I have with the flow control valve still persists. Is there any way for me to use it to control the flow? Or will I have to use a control block instead?