Menu

Problem with Property Table

2013-01-03
2013-01-07
  • Gregor Reichert

Gregor Reichert - 2013-01-03

Hi Daniel,
    there are some problems with master property table.

• Dew Point and Bubble point are calculated as -273,15°C and 0 bar
    • Composition, mass flow, mole flow do show wrong data
    • when I renamed a stream the property table is not uptdated with the new name
    • i did not check other variables for consistency. Please also have a look there.

I also encounterd an error on renaming streams:

1. Change stream name from "MAT-001" to "Feed"
    2. Change stream name from "Feed" back to "MAT-001"
    3. now you get an error "stream name already exists"

Please have a look on samplefile.

greetings Gregor

Last edit: Gregor Reichert 2013-01-03
  • Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2013-01-03

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for the info.

1 - To calculate dew and bubble points you must enable this feature in Thermodynamics > Advanced Settings.
    2 - You're right, I wasn't updating mass fraction values on the column products... fixed.
    3 - That's because of a limitation in the property grid. I have to store the object name instead of its unique id so it can be chosen in the property grid, and it messes everything up when you change its name because the master table loses the reference to it... I'll see what I can do about.

Taking a look at the renaming bu right now.

Regards,
    Daniel

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2013-01-03

Gregor, I've uploaded the mass fraction fix to the DWSIM 3 repository on github (https://github.com/DanWBR/dwsim3). There is also some nice electrolyte stuff in there. :-)

Regards,
    Daniel

• Gregor Reichert

Gregor Reichert - 2013-01-04

Hi Daniel,
    thanks for your help. I am already curious about your new version 3. Are you still improving actual version 2.1 with further updates or are you going to release that new version in short time?

In the meantime there came up some more issues with column and master property table:

Column:

• When changing specs to "component mass flow rate" it gives an error with WangHenke calculation method for no obvious reason. The message makes a suggesting to change to IO-Methot. But that dosn't work either. Error: "DC-005: PR fugacity calculation error: unable to find Z for vapor phase at n. def. K and- 100000 Pa. Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs"
    • I tried to do a sensitivity analysis with that column. When i use reflux ratio as independent variable no changes of parameters like heat duties are recorded.
    • I am also missing some spec-parameters like feed stage, stage count, component flowrate, ...
    • on hoovering over column the tool tip gives different results for duties than calculated.

Property table:

• Title is in English and Portugese but not German as in language settings. Should be "Haupttabelle Eigenschaften"
    • Flows of mass and mole don't sum up to total flows
    • Ordering of properties is a little confusing and is not consistant with left pane of stream property table. It also can't be changed like "object ordering" for streams

Thanks for your great work and happy new year!

regards
    Gregor

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2013-01-04

Hi Gregor,

I've been working on new features only for DWSIM 3. Those latest 2.1 builds are just for bug fixing mainly. I set myself the goal of implementing electrolyte support in DWSIM 3 before releasing it so I think the release date is closer now.

I chose to go directly to version 3 because of big code changes in order to make it run in Windows, Linux and Mac using a single executable. There is also the new XML file format which can be saved/opened by DWSIM running on any of the above operating systems.

I have some work to do with the current solver implementation, it is just too "dumb", I need to make it smarter.

And there is also the support for multicore processors. Currently, the column solvers and phase envelope utility show the biggest improvement in calculation time (almost 50% faster on my desktop with a Phenom II X2 3.2 GHz). Systems with 4, 6 and 8 cores should be even faster...

Now about the column:

1 - The Wang and Henke method is very limited with respect to spec options, and the current IO implementation is buggy... did you try Newton's method?
    3 - In order to add more spec options, we need to fix the IO method first, because it is the only one which can accept any kind of spec...
    I'll take a look at 2 and 4.

Property Table:

1 - Fixed
    2 - I think I've fixed that yesterday (it is on the latest DWSIM 3 code commit)
    3 - There is no real property ordering. They are stored as a collection of keys/values, so when you remove one from the list it is removed at the current position, and the ones added after that are sent to the end of the list.

Regards,
    Daniel

• Daniel Medeiros

Fixed column bug #4. #2 is because the reflux ratio is currently read-only.

Daniel

• Daniel Medeiros

Gregor, if you have some free time, please take a look at the current German translation resource file... I think that there are lots of incorrect translations and untranslated strings...

Thanks,
    Daniel

• Gregor Reichert

Gregor Reichert - 2013-01-07

Daniel,
    it seems i do have too much time ;-)
    Translated file is attached.

regards
    Gregor

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2013-01-07

I also had too much free time until yesterday, when my vacation ended. :-)

Thanks a lot!
    Daniel