Menu

thermodynamic package

Alba Baute
2016-03-22
2016-03-31
  • Alba Baute

Alba Baute - 2016-03-22

Hi, I'm Alba.
    I'm new in this simulator . I will work with electrolysis ( 2NaCl + 2H2O -> 2NaOH + Cl 2 (gas ) + H2 (gas ) ) and I need an electrolyte NRTL thermodynamic package , but it is not in the simulator, what I can use instead ? And another thing , how I can create an Excel to connect to the simulator ?
    Thanks.

• Gregor Reichert

Gregor Reichert - 2016-03-22

Hi Alba,
    there is another property package for electrolytes "Extendet UNIQUAC" which should do the same.

There are several possibilities to use Excel together with DWSIM:
    There is an AddIn for Excel which may be used to do thermodynamic calculations inside Excel utilising the thermodynamic capabilities of DWSIM including it's component libraries.
    What you probably want to do is to create some special unit operations. For that purpose there is an unit operation available called "Calculation table UO" which allows to do just that. Please have a look to the sample simulation "Electrolysis Cell with ExcelUO.dwxml" to see how this works.

Gregor

• Alba Baute

Alba Baute - 2016-03-31

Hi , thanks for the reply .
      But still I do not know how to put Excel. And another thing, I have seen that in the simulator does not have electrolysis cell , how could put to me?