Menu

methane reaction problem

2016-05-17
2016-05-21
  • yassine yassine

yassine yassine - 2016-05-17

Good morning to all,
    I have two problems :

I am a beginner in DWSIM I have successfully simulated a methane burner shift reaction on an older version of Dwsim but I met some problems when I want to simulate the same file on the new version
    the problem exactly at the temperature outlet of the reactor (older version 1108 °C et new version the same of the inlet of the reactor

and the second problem is an error when I connect both current (one of the output of an exchanger to another exchanger

cordialy !!

• Gregor Reichert

Gregor Reichert - 2016-05-17

Hi,
    please attache your simulation file to this thread for further inspection.

Gregor

• yassine yassine

yassine yassine - 2016-05-18

for the second problem : normally the outlet of the exchanger HE 002 is the inlet of the exchanger HE 000 VAP1
    and when I try to connect it i have a problem look at the picture

Last edit: yassine yassine 2016-05-18
  • yassine yassine

yassine yassine - 2016-05-18

for the first problem I have successfully simulated a methane burner shift reaction on an older version of Dwsim 3.4 but I met some problems when I want to simulate the same file on the new version 3.7
    the problem exactly at the temperature outlet of the reactor (older version 1108 °C et new version the same of the inlet of the reactor)

• Gregor Reichert

Gregor Reichert - 2016-05-18

Hi,
    there was/is a bug in calculating reactors. The internal calculation results of outlet temperature have not been transfered to the outlet stream. This problem has already been resolved in the code found on GitHub. You either have to wait for a new release or build an actual version from code by yourselfe.

p.s.: Some remarks for you simulation:
    1. You should add also reactions for other components like ethane to the reaction set.
    2. You configured two reaction sets. As you only need one set you may safely delete the second one
    3. The reactor may be configured as adiabatic. This way the outlet temperature is calated from heat balance. Only in cases where you have an internal heat exchanger in your reactor or if you want to model some kind of heat loss you should specify outlet temperatur mode.

Gregor

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2016-05-18

Gregor, a new version was released yesterday because of these bugs, regular users must have received the update alert already.

• yassine yassine

yassine yassine - 2016-05-19

Gracias Gregor & Daniel , for the first problem with the last version DWSIM_bin_v37_b5981 works well but for the second problem the same situation ( exchanger )

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2016-05-19

You must put a recycle between the two exchangers, DWSIM is going out of memory because you've built an infinite solving loop on the flowsheet. insert a recycle and two material streams, one leaving the last exchanger and another entering the first, and the recycle connecting them.

• yassine yassine

yassine yassine - 2016-05-21

thank you Daniel the problem is solved