Menu

Is it possible simulate a countercurrent direct contact evaporative cooling with DWSIM?

2014-07-19
2016-01-06
  • JONILSON ALVES DOS SANTOS

hi,

i need to analyse a countercurrent direct contact evaporative cooling. this cooling works with nytrogen and water. Nitrogen is feeding on the bottons e ascend to top, which is open to atmosphere. water is feeding on top e flows down to the bottons, where there are a reservoir of cold water. the function is cooling the water by nitrogen.i am starting use the DWSIM now and alredy read the tutorials, but a didn't see a direct way to do this. please help me.

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2014-07-19

Hi Jonilson,

maybe you could use an absorption column. You would have to convert something on your cooler model to the corresponding number of theoretical stages in the column. See the attached sample.

Regards,
    Daniel

Last edit: Daniel Medeiros 2014-07-19
    • JMB

JMB - 2015-12-30

Hello Daniel or others,

(Same boring story ... this time soliciting others to jump in, in case Daniel is getting tired of my bug reports and questions) :)

Sorry for jumping into this conversation, but in an attempt to learn from other simulations I am trying to learn DWSIM. Also it may help spot regressions in the code and thereby help the community.

I tried running the last dwxml file attached above, but it does not converge. Would you kindly try it and let us know?

Regards, JMB

DWSIM V3.6 Build 5823 (11/12/2015)
      w/ Mono (Stable 4.2.1.102) ...
      Ubuntu 12.04.5 64bit

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2016-01-04

Try this one.

• JMB

JMB - 2016-01-06

Ok, I tried it and it works. I also tried doing a line by line comparison using a text like editor ('meld' in Ubuntu) but the changes were too numerous to track that way.

In summary, what did you change to make it work?

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2016-01-06

I changed the gas flow rate to a lower value... :-)

Daniel, i tried to run the attached sample which you sent, but when i just open it and click in "recalculate" there is an error on the out streams. What could be happening?

i just dowloade the version 3.2 and i had success.