Menu

It keep crashing

2014-02-02
2014-02-02
  • Mahmoud KHEBBAZ

Mahmoud KHEBBAZ - 2014-02-02

ERROR

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at DWSIM.frmSurface.EditCompTSMI_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\DWSIM\DWSIM3\DWSIM\Forms\FormFlowsheet_SubForms\frmSurface.vb:line 3123
    at DWSIM.frmSurface.FlowsheetDesignSurface_MouseDoubleClick(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\DWSIM\DWSIM3\DWSIM\Forms\FormFlowsheet_SubForms\frmSurface.vb:line 3260
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDoubleClick(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2014-02-02

Hi Mahmoud,

Give us more information so we can help you. The exception by itself doesn't mean much if we don't know the context on which it was raised.

Also, if it was you that reviewed DWSIM in the main project page writing the exception information as the review itself and giving 1 out of 5 stars for support, please don't do that anymore. It is just not fair. If it wasn't you, just ignore this.

Regards,
    Daniel

• Mahmoud KHEBBAZ

Mahmoud KHEBBAZ - 2014-02-02

Sorry about that,but when I see a line like this:

C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\DWSIM\DWSIM3\DWSIM\Forms\FormFlowsheet_SubForms\frmSurface.vb:line 3123

in a crash report, i suppose that the programmer make a program that function only in his own machine, cause i don't have that folder in my machine root

keep going for the best

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2014-02-02

Mahmoud,

The crash report contains information about the exact code line IN MY COMPUTER, where the code was compiled, that generated the exception in yours. This way I can go straight to the source code file that caused trouble for you and investigate the issue, if any.

You can also check by yourself by visiting this link and going to line 3123: https://github.com/DanWBR/dwsim3/blob/master/DWSIM/Forms/FormFlowsheet_SubForms/frmSurface.vb

Even with you don't giving me more details about the exception, I suspect that you're trying to edit a stream composition without selecting it first in the flowsheet. Please try selecting it first with the left mouse button, then click on it with the right one to open the context menu.

Regards,
    Daniel