Menu

An excited newbie needs help!

2012-12-21
2012-12-22
  • Tin Yin Lam

Tin Yin Lam - 2012-12-21

I "discovered" this project yesterday. To me, it a a dream comes true. I read papers on thermo methods. But putting a package together like DWSIM and DTL is several levels above me. My VB skill is just not good enough.

I downloaded the VS2008 source code. When I opened it, the CAPEOPEN110 reference does not work. I got the following message from VS2008:

Cannot load type library for reference "CAPEOPEN110". Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED))

I think that is the source of >100 errors and warnings. Please help. I look forward to the great learning experence.

TYL

• Tin Yin Lam

Tin Yin Lam - 2012-12-21

By the way, I forgot to mention that I'm working with DTL, not DWSIM. TYL

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2012-12-21

Hi Tin,

Thanks for your support! Please install the CAPE-OPEN Type Library (http://www.colan.org/index-38.html) and see if it works.

Regards,
    Daniel

• Tin Yin Lam

Tin Yin Lam - 2012-12-22

Daniel,

Thank you for your help. FYI, all the errors and warnings are gone except one. The file dwsim_splash.ico is missing in the folder: ....\Projects\DTL\DWSIM folder. For now, I just put some .ico file I found in my machine in ther to fake it. I look forward to playing with DTL. This is going to be fun.

TYL

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2012-12-22

Yes... I forgot to remove the reference for that icon, You can do it safely and then compile the project normally.