Menu

"Error in the calculation of pressure"

jabali.ca
2013-02-02
2013-02-19
  • jabali.ca

jabali.ca - 2013-02-02

Hi Daniel,

I'm encountering a challenge with a pipe segment in a simulation I have. It says "error in the calculation of pressure". I've tried everything, what am I missing?

regards,
    Will

• jabali.ca

jabali.ca - 2013-02-02

I also posted same topic in 'MantisBT' with the subject file attached.

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2013-02-02

Hi Will,

Remove the pseudocomponents PSE_9325_8, PSE_9325_9, PSE_9325_10 and PSE_9325_11 from the simulation, their liquid viscosity curve wasn't calculated correctly, and that was causing problems with the pipe pressure drop calculation.

You can either do a new characterization, paying attention to the generated viscosity values or continue your simulation with the remaining pseudos.

Regards,
    Daniel

• jabali.ca

jabali.ca - 2013-02-04

Thanks so much Daniel.

Regards,
    Will

• amcnally3

amcnally3 - 2013-02-04

Hi, I made the changes suggested and I still couldn't get the correct pressure. Please see attached sim. Thanks for the help.

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2013-02-04

You should remove the compounds from the simulation using the simulation settings window. Also, the file you've attached has all its inlet streams zero'ed (no flow rate, no composition).

Daniel

• amcnally3

amcnally3 - 2013-02-06

hmm for some reason my values weren't saved, I'll repost if I still have the same problem.

• amcnally3

amcnally3 - 2013-02-06

Hey so i reinputted my values and changed the composition of oil to one psudo fluid, but it I'm still having trouble getting the pressure. Is there anything else i should change?

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2013-02-19

Hi amcnally3,

Your material stream at the pipe inlet doesn't have enough pressure - it has only 3.5 bar to "climb" 714 meters.. please check if this is correct.

Daniel

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2013-02-19

amcnally3, are you trying to do the same as here? => https://sourceforge.net/p/dwsim/discussion/844529/thread/0ee802d8/

If yes, please take a look at the simulation file I've attached earlier.

Daniel