Menu

Custom UO outlet fluid mismatch

2017-01-12
2017-01-24
  • Buriola Cristian

Hi Daniel,

I tried to simulate a simple drain network with Custom UO but there is some problem mainly in the temperature assignment on the outlet stream.

I don't know if the problem is inside the script but I have derived the script from the samples.

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Cristian

• Buriola Cristian

Attached the file.

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2017-01-12

I don't understand, how do you want to specify the outlet stream?

• Buriola Cristian

Hi Daniel,

The inlet and outlet stream has the same properties in terms of composition, flow, temperature and pressure because my only purpose is to verify the pipe dimension for the hydraulic point of view.

Thank you for the help.

Regards.

Cristian

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2017-01-12

Humm... ok. You must copy the enthalpy value, which is the default specification type:

Enthalpy=FeedStream.GetProp("enthalpy","Overall",None,"","mass")
    DischargedStream.SetProp("enthalpy","Overall",None,"","mass", Enthalpy)

• Buriola Cristian

Thank you for the answer.

Regards.

Cristian

• Buriola Cristian

Hi Daniel,

I noted that, with the modification suggested, the temperature works but the volumetric flow that I pass downstream without any variation, changes downstream although temperature, pressure and composition remain the same (in this condition the density should remain constant). How can I fix it?
    Thank you for the help.
    Regards.
    Cristian

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2017-01-13

Strange, volumetric flow remains the same here. Did you change your script somewhere else? Can you send the updated simulation?

• Buriola Cristian

Hi Daniel,
    attached the simulation.
    Thank you for the help.
    Regards.
    Cristian

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2017-01-13

Cristian, I couldn't reproduce the error here, the volumetric flows are exactly the same. Are you running 4.1 Update 10?

• Buriola Cristian

Dear Daniel,

attached an example on a mismatch in the upstream fluid that I've found in an other unit operation (pipe segment), I fix a flow of 500 mc/h of water and after set the pipe segment, I run the simulation but the upstream flow that before was 500 mc/h is now 544 mc/h without any reason and I'm not able to change again. Infact, when I run the simulation, the value will be 544 mc/h again, I'm using the update 12 of the revision 4.1. How can I solve the problem?
    Thank you for the help.
    Regards.
    Cristian

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2017-01-24

Are you pressing ENTER to commit your value updates in the textboxes?

• Daniel Medeiros

Ops, checked it. You're right. I'll investigate this issue.

When you update a volumetric flow value, mass and mole flows aren't being updated as they should.

Last edit: Daniel Medeiros 2017-01-24
  • Daniel Medeiros

There's a problem with the estimation of density with Steam Tables. You can try a different Property Package in the meantime.