Menu

Define compounds

Alba Baute
2016-04-29
2016-04-30
  • Alba Baute

Alba Baute - 2016-04-29

Hello everyone!! I need your help
    I need two compounds that are not defined in DWSIM , the HClO and NaClO3 . How could I define these components? It is important because I need it for my final degree project.

Thanks

• Gregor Reichert

Gregor Reichert - 2016-04-30

Hi Alba,
    i guess you want to use an electroyle property package? If this is the case, you won't be able to define these components with the component creator tool. You would have to manipulate the existing electrolyte database files by manually. This probably is hopeless as you don't have any ionic interaction parameters at hand i guess.

I know from an earlier post of you that you are working on an electroysis simulation. In this case you could pretend that these components are behaving like a molecular component, which is completely soluble in water and doesn't have an extremly low vapour pressure. This is a trick to enable DWSIM to treate these components like a standard component (e.g. ethanol).
    For this purpose you will use the component creator and create this component via a definition by it's atoms. But be carefull, you will have to define all component properties manually now as DWSIM can't calculate them by Joback groups anymore.

Gregor