Menu

High temperature electrolysis

2022-06-07
2022-06-10
  • Nizar ZOUHIR

Nizar ZOUHIR - 2022-06-07

Dear Gregor,

Hope you are doing well.
    I wrote you last friday just to confirm that DWSIM can provide simulation results regarding Hydrogen electrolysis using electricity and vapor water as an inlet compound in order to produce hydrogen and oxygen. I also would like to know if it is possible to model SOEC (high temperature electrolysis). I really need help.

You talked about an Excel-UO that you implemented, but i don't know how to link the excel sheet to my model, so can you please help me with this ?

I also don't know if my representation of the electrolysis is correct, so how can i modelize it ?

PLease give more details about the packages and the process that should be applied to introduce the electricity to obtain the right results.

Thank you in advance

Best regards
    Nizar

• Gregor Reichert

Gregor Reichert - 2022-06-10

Hi,
    please open simulation file "Electrolysis Cell with ExcelUO" from samples folder.
    Then you may read instruction to reconnect Excel file. This is necessary as the samples folder with Excel file is different at every installation of DWSIM.
    Press first button "Search" to find "Electrolysis.xlsx" file in samples folder of DWSIM.
    After connection press second button "Edit" to open file in Excel.
    You will find 3 tabs "Input", "Output" and "Calculations".
    You may not change structure of Input or Output folder. During calculation DWSIM is writing data of connected input streams into the Input folder in first step. Now DWSIM is executing a calculating of the Excel-file. During calculation results are written into fields of Output tab.
    You will see "Parameters" in Input and Output tabs. You may add as many parameters here as you like. During calculation these parameters transferred back to DWSIM after calculation together with the data of output streams. DWSIM is writing the results into connected output streams to go on with calculations in DWSIM.
    I want to highlight here again, that this is a sample to demonstrate the use of that UO! This is not intended to be a highly sophisticated calculation of an electrolysis cell.
    You will have to go through all calculations in the excel file to see how this works and you need to modify your calculation to represent your process!

Best regards
    Gregor