Menu

Large Temperature Drop

jabali.ca
2013-02-07
2013-02-20
  • jabali.ca

jabali.ca - 2013-02-07

Hi Daniel,

I am doing an pseduo oil across a pipeline calculation and I am getting a large temperature drop. Is this due to lighter ends such as propane? If so, should propane be in the oil pseudo line?

I can't seem to attach a file on the first post so I will post it after.

Regards,
    Will

• jabali.ca

jabali.ca - 2013-02-07

Attached

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2013-02-07

You left only one pseudo on the material stream and it has a very high liquid viscosity... that's why you're getting a high pressure drop. Take a look at the pure component properties utility and see the liquid viscosity curve.

I would like to see the data you're using to generate the pseudocomponents, if possible.

Regards,
    Daniel

• jabali.ca

jabali.ca - 2013-02-15

Hi Daniel,

Apologies for the delayed response. I will keep the viscosities in mind going forward. I've attached the analysis you requested.

Regards,
    Will

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2013-02-19

Hi Will,

I was able to find a set of equations that results in a good characterization for your oil sample. Also, please take a look at the pipe diameter to see if it is correct. If you want to calculate ambient heat exchange, enable it through the thermal profile editor.

I'm also attaching the sample data. You can try loading it through the Petroleum Assay manager and then importing the data into the C7+ characterization utility, then you'll be able to play a little with the equations for the pseudo properties and see if you can get better results.

Regards,
    Daniel

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2013-02-19

Assay data

• jabali.ca

jabali.ca - 2013-02-20

Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to look for a similar set of equations. I'll play with this a little bit and see how it goes.

Kind regards,
    Will