Menu

Flash evaporator

Christian
2014-12-16
2017-11-01
  • Christian

Christian - 2014-12-16

Hi Daniel, I tried to simulate a Flash Evaporator, but I failed completely. I have set up the system as you suggested Kurt in September. The system consist of water and DMAC (fortunately NRTL and Uniquac Parameters are inlcuded in DWSIM). Property package ist NTRL. The feed to the valve is boiling at 0.4 bare, 77°C . when I set an outlet pressure of 0.3 bar there is always a flash calculation error (Nested Loops).
    I try to upload the file for better understanding.
    Many thanks for your appeciated help,

Christian

• Christian

Christian - 2014-12-16

now the file

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2015-01-04

Hi Christian,

The problem with the valve is that the convergence tolerance is too low for it, you can copy the NRTL property package loosening a little bit your restrictions, assigning the cloned PP to the valve and heater operations, then it will work. Try 1E-6 for the tolerance values.

Regards,
    Daniel

• Vrushali Amberkar

Hi Daniel,

I have been trying to simulate a model on DWSIM but the software is crashing. could you please help.

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2017-11-01

I'm sorry, but how can I help with such a vague description of the problem?

• hooa

hooa - 2017-11-01

Hi Daniel,
    Why i can not open the uploaded file of Christian ?

• Daniel Medeiros

Daniel Medeiros - 2017-11-01

This file is very old, try opening it with an older version of DWSIM. Check the Files section here on SourceForge.

• hooa

hooa - 2017-11-01

Thanks Daniel