Perhaps I'm wrong but concurrency seems to be not working as one would expect. Example:
1) User A reads a record.
2) User B reads the same record.
3) User B changes data and saves the record.
4) User A changes data and saves the record.
I expected that action 4 would display a message warning user A that data had been changed by another user/process since loaded, but Dataweb simply writes both changes keeping last one. Am I missing anything?
Unfortunately, the concurrency has not yet been implemented, so writes all changes keeping last one. In the future we want manage two concurrency type:
1) optimistic: when the user save the record, will be warned that the record was been changed. So it must update the record and make changes again.
2) pessimistic: the user can not start editing on a record if another user is editing. So must wait until the other user save or cancel the changes.
Thank you, Danilo. any schedule?
Unfortunately I can not tell when this thing will be implemented.
However, it is an important thing to do, so hopefully soon.
Yes, very important … Thank you anyway, I'll wait.
Log in to post a comment.