Menu

rpm for dvdstyler

Help
aus-city
2008-09-14
2012-11-20
  • aus-city

aus-city - 2008-09-14

Where are there rpms for DVDstyler?  For fedora the last version in rpm is 1.5.0 :(

• Uwe Bugla

Uwe Bugla - 2008-09-15

Hi,

There is noone among us regularly working with Fedora. So you cannot expect a continuous offer.
      If you expect rpm packages for Fedora to be offered you can produce them on your own and send them in to me or Alex.
      Then they will be published here.

Going that way you can learn how to produce Fedora packages: You need:
      1. a devel package for wxSVG
      2. a main package for wxSVG
      3. a package for DVDStyler.

So download the two necessary tarballs and produce the packages on your own.

Cheers

Uwe

• firewing1

firewing1 - 2008-09-15

I'm preparing some Fedora packages for RPMFusion (Fedora 8/9/rawhide). If you'd like to wait a week or so I should have them ready by then.

• Fabrice

Fabrice - 2008-09-15

Great!

I packaged dvdstyler 1.6.2 for Mandriva. I don't know if it can be of some help...

Fabrice

• Uwe Bugla

Uwe Bugla - 2008-09-15

Hi firewing1,

"I'm preparing some Fedora packages for RPMFusion (Fedora 8/9/rawhide). If you'd like to wait a week or so I should have them ready by then."

This is what I would call a great offer! Real nice!

1. Don't hurry! Take care of package quality instead. Avoid quick shots.
      2. Test your product before you send it in.
      3. Take care of functionable package dependencies (this is the biggest problem in all the RPM scenery as far as I now).
      4. If your first product is not the big hit: Do not worry! Grow with your task! Give it another try!

If you have finished your work and everything is fine please send your work to me, Fabrice, or Alex.

Have fun to learn something new, resulting on your free decision

Uwe