Errors during make on Ubuntu 14.04

Help
2015-03-31
2016-08-31
  • Jason Woodrow

Jason Woodrow - 2015-03-31

I created a new DVD in DVDStyler and went to create an ISO and the program crashed. It's been working fine up to now, so I tried making an ISO of a DVD I created a week ago and it also crashed. This leads me to think that an update to Ubuntu broke it. So I downloaded the latest version of DVDStyler 2.9.2, unplacked it, and did the "./configure" with no errors, but "make" fails with errors.

This is the code from the point of the errors:

ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp: In member function ‘bool ProcessMenuTransitions::GenerateMenuTransitionVideo(Menu, MenuObject, const wxString&, double, const wxString&)’:
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:189:54: error: ‘wxSVGAnimatedType’ was not declared in this scope
    animElem->SetFrom(wxSVGAnimatedType(wxSVGLength(1)));
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:193:14: error: ‘class wxSVGAnimateElement’ has no member named ‘SetFill’
    animElem->SetFill(wxSVG_ANIMATION_FILL_FREEZE);
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:193:22: error: ‘wxSVG_ANIMATION_FILL_FREEZE’ was not declared in this scope
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:202:13: error: ‘class wxSVGAnimateTransformElement’ has no member named ‘SetFill’
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:202:21: error: ‘wxSVG_ANIMATION_FILL_FREEZE’ was not declared in this scope
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:203:13: error: ‘class wxSVGAnimateTransformElement’ has no member named ‘SetAdditive’
    animElem->SetAdditive(wxSVG_ANIMATION_ADDITIVE_SUM);
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:203:25: error: ‘wxSVG_ANIMATION_ADDITIVE_SUM’ was not declared in this scope
    animElem->SetAdditive(wxSVG_ANIMATION_ADDITIVE_SUM);
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:206:22: error: ‘wxSVG_ANIMATETRANSFORM_ROTATE’ was not declared in this scope
    animElem->SetType(wxSVG_ANIMATETRANSFORM_ROTATE);
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:207:4: error: ‘wxSVGLengthList’ was not declared in this scope
    wxSVGLengthList list;
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:207:20: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘list’
    wxSVGLengthList list;
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:208:4: error: ‘list’ was not declared in this scope
    list.Add(wxSVGLength(0));
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:211:44: error: ‘wxSVGAnimatedType’ was not declared in this scope
    animElem->SetFrom(wxSVGAnimatedType(list));
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:217:22: error: ‘wxSVG_ANIMATETRANSFORM_TRANSLATE’ was not declared in this scope
    animElem->SetType(wxSVG_ANIMATETRANSFORM_TRANSLATE);
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:218:4: error: ‘wxSVGLengthList’ was not declared in this scope
    wxSVGLengthList from;
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:218:20: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘from’
    wxSVGLengthList from;
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:219:4: error: ‘from’ was not declared in this scope
    from.Add(wxSVGLength(0));
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:221:44: error: ‘wxSVGAnimatedType’ was not declared in this scope
    animElem->SetFrom(wxSVGAnimatedType(from));
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:222:20: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘to’
    wxSVGLengthList to;
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:223:4: error: ‘to’ was not declared in this scope
    to.Add(wxSVGLength(-3(objBbox.GetX() + 0.05objBbox.GetWidth())));
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:229:22: error: ‘wxSVG_ANIMATETRANSFORM_SCALE’ was not declared in this scope
    animElem->SetType(wxSVG_ANIMATETRANSFORM_SCALE);
    ^
    ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:230:54: error: ‘wxSVGAnimatedType’ was not declared in this scope
    animElem->SetFrom(wxSVGAnimatedType(wxSVGLength(1)));
    ^
    make[2]: [ProcessMenuTransitions.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory /home/jw/Downloads/DVDStyler/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/home/jw/Downloads/DVDStyler/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src'
    make:
    [all-recursive] Error 1
    jw@JW-PC:~/Downloads/DVDStyler/DVDStyler-2.9.2$

If I've taken a wrong approach to doing the install, please let me know.

• Alex Thuering

Alex Thuering - 2015-03-31

you need to install new version of wxsvg

• Jason Woodrow

Jason Woodrow - 2015-04-02

I first tried to re-install wxsvg through apt-get, but it said I had the latest version. I tried installing a new version of wxsvg (1.5.4) beyond what Ubuntu says is the latest version, but when I do "make" it eventually comes back with an error about libavformat needing to be recompiled with -fPIC. But I used --enabled-shared and --enable-pic on both the x265 codec and ffmpeg.

Here's the error:
    /usr/bin/ld.bfd.real: /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(allformats.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against ff_a64_muxer' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a: error adding symbols: Bad value collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status make[2]: *** [libwxsvg.la] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory/home/jw/Downloads/wxsvg/wxsvg-1.5.4/src'
    make[1]: [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jw/Downloads/wxsvg/wxsvg-1.5.4/src'
    make:
    [all-recursive] Error 1

Can you give me any insight?

• Héctor Sales Llamas

Hi, same here, steps:

$ sudo apt-get build-dep dvdstyler

..after i compile wxsvg_1.5.4-1 (the compile works fine).

apt-cache policy wxsvg

wxsvg:
    Installed: 1.5.4-1
    Candidate: 1.5.4-1
    Version table:
    *** 1.5.4-1 0
    100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

..after i try compile DVDStyler-2.9-2..

$./configure
    $ make

.. partial output error when I type make

MenuEditor.o: En la función MenuEditor::HitTest(int, int)': /home/hs1974g/Compilar/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src/MenuEditor.cpp:578: referencia awxSVGMatrix::Inverse() const' sin definir
    MenuEditor.o: En la función MenuEditor::GetEditorAction(int, int)': /home/hs1974g/Compilar/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src/MenuEditor.cpp:851: referencia awxSVGMatrix::Inverse() const' sin definir
    MenuEditor.o: En la función MenuEditor::ResizeObjectInt(int, int, EditorAction)': /home/hs1974g/Compilar/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src/MenuEditor.cpp:1043: referencia awxSVGMatrix::Inverse() const' sin definir
    MenuObject.o:(.rodata._ZTV18wxSVGTransformable[_ZTV18wxSVGTransformable]+0x40): referencia a wxSVGLocatable::GetTransformToElement(wxSVGElement const&) const' sin definir Slideshow.o: En la funciónSlideshow::GetTransitions(wxArrayString&, wxArrayString&)':
    /home/hs1974g/Compilar/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src/Slideshow.cpp:245: referencia a wxSVGDocument::Load(wxString const&, wxString const&)' sin definir ProcessMenuTransitions.o: En la funciónProcessMenuTransitions::GenerateMenuTransitionVideo(Menu, MenuObject, wxString const&, double, wxString const&)':
    /home/hs1974g/Compilar/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src/ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:230: referencia a wxSVGAnimatedType::~wxSVGAnimatedType()' sin definir /home/hs1974g/Compilar/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src/ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:231: referencia awxSVGAnimatedType::~wxSVGAnimatedType()' sin definir
    /home/hs1974g/Compilar/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src/ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:211: referencia a wxSVGAnimatedType::~wxSVGAnimatedType()' sin definir /home/hs1974g/Compilar/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src/ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:213: referencia awxSVGAnimatedType::~wxSVGAnimatedType()' sin definir
    /home/hs1974g/Compilar/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src/ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:221: referencia a wxSVGAnimatedType::~wxSVGAnimatedType()' sin definir ProcessMenuTransitions.o:/home/hs1974g/Compilar/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src/ProcessMenuTransitions.cpp:225: más referencias awxSVGAnimatedType::~wxSVGAnimatedType()' sin definir a continuación
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: [dvdstyler] Error 1
    make[2]: se sale del directorio «/usr/local/src/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src»
    make[1]:
    [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: se sale del directorio «/usr/local/src/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src»
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Any suggestions ...

Regards

• Alex Thuering

Alex Thuering - 2015-04-05

Possibly you have some old libwxsvg.* on your system. Try to find and remove them. Then run ldconfig.

• Héctor Sales Llamas

Thank you very much, I could finally compile dvdstyler 2.9.2. I going to explain the steps maybe this can help someone.

Step 1: I have purged libwxsvg.*( as suggest @Alex_Thuering)

$ sudo apt-get purge libwxsvg0 libwxsvg-dev

Note: "apt" propose autoremove this package:

Start-Date: 2015-04-06 00:11:28
      Commandline: apt-get autoremove
      Remove: libpixman-1-dev:amd64 (0.30.2-2ubuntu1), libfreetype6-dev:amd64 (2.5.2-1ubuntu2.4), x11proto-render-dev:amd64 (0.11.1-2), libpango1.0-dev:amd64 (1.36.3-1ubuntu1.1), libxcb-shm0-dev:amd64 (1.10-2ubuntu1), libexpat1-dev:amd64 (2.1.0-4ubuntu1), libavformat-dev:amd64 (9.18-0ubuntu0.14.04.1), libglib2.0-dev:amd64 (2.40.2-0ubuntu1), libswscale-dev:amd64 (9.18-0ubuntu0.14.04.1), libpcre3-dev:amd64 (8.31-2ubuntu2), libpng12-dev:amd64 (1.2.50-1ubuntu2), libart-2.0-dev:amd64 (2.3.21-2), libcairo2-dev:amd64 (1.13.0~20140204-0ubuntu1.1), libxft-dev:amd64 (2.3.1-2), libharfbuzz-gobject0:amd64 (0.9.27-1ubuntu1), libpcrecpp0:amd64 (8.31-2ubuntu2), libxrender-dev:amd64 (0.9.8-1), libharfbuzz-dev:amd64 (0.9.27-1ubuntu1), libfontconfig1-dev:amd64 (2.11.0-0ubuntu4.1), libcairo-script-interpreter2:amd64 (1.13.0~20140204-0ubuntu1.1)
      End-Date: 2015-04-06 00:11:41

... my suggest is do not do this because after some of these packages will be needed to build wxsvg .. well I did it and then I had to install the following packages to build correctly wxsvg 1.5.4.

$sudo apt-get install libcairo2-dev
      $sudo apt-get install libpango1.0-dev
      $sudo apt-get install libavformat-dev
      $sudo apt-get install libswscale-dev

Step 2:Re-build wxsvg 1.5.4.

$./configure
      $.make
      $ sudo make install // I prefer sudo checkinstall

apt-cache policy wxsvg

wxsvg:
      Instalados: 1.5.4-1
      Candidato: 1.5.4-1
      Tabla de versión:
      *** 1.5.4-1 0
      100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Step 3:Build DVDStyler 2.9.2.

$./configure
      $.make
      $ sudo make install // I prefer sudo checkinstall

$ apt-cache policy dvdstyler

dvdstyler:
      Instalados: 2.9.2-1
      Candidato: 2.9.2-1
      Tabla de versión:
      *** 2.9.2-1 0
      100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      2.5.2-0ubuntu3 0
      500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages

that is all ..
      Thanks

Last edit: Héctor Sales Llamas 2015-04-06
  • Jason Woodrow

Jason Woodrow - 2015-04-10

I had fits getting all the software installed. Got wxsvg purged and 1.5.4 installed.

When I go to "make" DVDStyler 2.9.2 I get the following, which may indicate a libavcodec issue:

/usr/bin/ld.bfd.real: warning: libavcodec.so.56, needed by /usr/local/lib/libavformat.so, may conflict with libavcodec.so.54
    /usr/bin/ld.bfd.real: warning: libavutil.so.54, needed by /usr/local/lib/libavformat.so, may conflict with libavutil.so.52
    /usr/bin/ld.bfd.real: mediaenc_ffmpeg.o: undefined reference to symbol 'av_frame_free@@LIBAVUTIL_54'
    //usr/local/lib/libavutil.so.54: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: [dvdstyler] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory /home/jw/Downloads/DVDStyler/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/home/jw/Downloads/DVDStyler/DVDStyler-2.9.2/src'
    make:
    [all-recursive] Error 1

If I run the currently installed DVDStyler 2.5.2 from terminal, upon trying to create the ISO of a DVD I get this:

[mpeg @ 0x1322fc0] max_analyze_duration reached
    [mpeg @ 0x16ebda0] max_analyze_duration reached
    Output #0, dvd, to '/tmp/dvd-tmp/menu1-0.mpg_bg.mpg':
    Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x480 [PAR 32:27 DAR 16:9], q=2-31, 6000 kb/s, 90k tbn, 29.97 tbc
    Stream #0.1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 64 kb/s
    [ac3 @ 0x1810f00] channel_layout not specified
    [ac3 @ 0x1810f00] No channel layout specified. The encoder will guess the layout, but it might be incorrect.
    [dvd muxer @ 0x1d18d80] Value 10080000.000000 for parameter 'muxrate' out of range
    [dvd muxer @ 0x1d18d80] Error setting option muxrate to value 10080000.
    Floating point exception (core dumped)

• Héctor Sales Llamas

I think you need this package:

$ sudo apt-get install libavcodec-extra

Note: i don't sure if this package is also included on the meta-package: ubuntu-restricred-extra

Regards.

• Jason Woodrow

Jason Woodrow - 2015-04-11

I installed that, but same errors.

• Héctor Sales Llamas

Hi, have you installed ffmpeg ? i think it's a problem with ffmpeg, if you upgraded one or more dependencies of ffmpeg. Ffmpeg needs to be recompiled or updated with all its dependencies.

Regards

• Jason Woodrow

Jason Woodrow - 2015-04-15

I updated to version 1.4.0 of libvpx after getting an error compiling ffmpeg. But I still get the same error:
    CC libavcodec/libvpxdec.o
    libavcodec/libvpxdec.c: In function ‘set_pix_fmt’:
    libavcodec/libvpxdec.c:71:14: error: ‘VPX_IMG_FMT_I422’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    case VPX_IMG_FMT_I422:
    ^
    libavcodec/libvpxdec.c:71:14: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    libavcodec/libvpxdec.c:74:14: error: ‘VPX_IMG_FMT_I444’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    case VPX_IMG_FMT_I444:
    ^
    make: *** [libavcodec/libvpxdec.o] Error 1
    jw@JW-PC:~/ffmpeg_sources/ffmpeg$

The only reference I found online with that error is to a patch in an older version of libvpx.

This whole compiling way is getting really old. I wish I knew why DVDStyler broke in the first place. It had been working fine for months, then some update to Ubuntu apparently broke it.

• Jason Woodrow

Jason Woodrow - 2015-04-24

Thanks!
    Also, when compiling ffmpeg, I notice that that the source has its own folders with libavcodec and other libav libraries. If I compile libav separately but then ffmpeg uses its own libraries which are a different version and also not using my configure flags, won't I be going in circles? I may do a total wipe and reload since I can't even get ffmpeg to make at this point and I use it for several other things.

• Vaughn Brooks

Vaughn Brooks - 2016-08-31

I just want to thank you guys, I work in IT in a school district working with Mac, Pc, and Linux. I have been able to install the source code on all three platforms.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks