DVD Icons

Help
Incitatus
2013-12-27
2014-01-20
  • Incitatus

Incitatus - 2013-12-27

Hello,

I have my DVD menus all set. The last step I would like to do before I burn the DVD's would be to figure out what steps I need to take in order to create an icon / thumbnail, that would be displayed when I place the disc in a dvd player.

If I put a commercial dvd in my ps3, or regular dvd player, it will show a graphic that represents the movie in the player.

I would like to have an image such as Home movie Vol.1 for example.

I am fairly new to DVDStyler, but have been able to figure most everything else out by searching these forums, or using the trial and error process.

Thank you in advance for any help that may be provided.

Last edit: Incitatus 2013-12-27
  • Edward

Edward - 2014-01-20

Well, one of the most common things I've seen has been an autorun.ini file that points to an ico file. BUT! if I understand this new generation of media, I have this funny feeling that the Empire Strikes Back icon is loaded from an "Album Database". Like iTunes, Spotify, or Android players, your PS3 has connected to the internet, checked against some disc key and brought back a picture (as well as other details like full name). If you are making a big product maybe you can register a picture with the all mighty database.

Otherwise, you could use the "Just Generate" option when creating, add an ico + ini file next to the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder, and burn your disc with another program (like DeepBurner). However, I only know that this icon will only show on PCs.