dump -0 -f- srcdir | restore -oax -f- drops leading blocks of zero-bytes and reports "Missing blocks at end of <path>, assuming hole".
This is common in ISO files.
Dump also silently drops all file blocks when they are all zero, leaving restore to report "<path> : (inode nnn) not found on tape".
- distribution and its version: OpenSuse 11.2
- kernel 126.96.36.199-0.1-default
- architecture: Intel x86_64
- dump/restore version: 0.4b43
- e2fsprogs version: 1.41.9
- libc version: glibc 2.10
- the device you dump into/restore from: hard disk
- ext3 filesystem, mounted read-only
This test was run on OpenSuSE 11.3 on both ext3 and ext4 filesystems and the problem does not occur.
Log in to post a comment.