Menu

Remember the wallpaper playback sequence to continue after restart pc

MIKA Chou
2024-05-11
2024-05-15
  • MIKA Chou

MIKA Chou - 2024-05-11

The software is very user-friendly and has solved many problems. Thank you!

The software now supports sequential screening of images from a selected folder, but I noticed that the progress of the screening will be reset after restarting the computer.
    For example, in the "D:\pics\" directory, there are 26 images from A.jpg to Z.jpg. If K.jpg is shown and I restart the computer, the software will still start looping from A.jpg again.

Can you improve the software so that it can remember the playback progress and continue to show from K.jpg to the back after restarting?

• Miner Willy

Miner Willy - 2024-05-11

I've noticed this as well, but it seems that you can work around it by disabling the "Change wallpaper on startup" option. If you leave that unticked it will keep the wallpaper from the previous shutdown - but if you tick the option it will not only change the wallpaper, but restart the sequence as well.

• Gerald Evans

Gerald Evans - 2024-05-11

I have looked at this, but there are some technical issues that need to be resolved and I haven't decided on the best solution for these yet.

As an alternative solution to this, there is a 'List' provider that you can use as an alternative to 'Local Disk'. With this you can create a file containing the full paths to all of your images.
    (On the List provider options dialog, there is a 'Auto Generate...' button that can automatically generate this list from all of the files in a directory.)

The 'List' provider options dialog has a 'Remember position between shutdowns' checkbox which will allows the wallpaper sequence to carry on from where it was after a restart.

• MIKA Chou

MIKA Chou - 2024-05-15

Thanks for answer!!!
      After I tried the list, it really worked! It solved my problem very well, thank you!

Also thanks @krakatoa !

Last edit: MIKA Chou 2024-05-15