Menu

filters with mythtv-0.18.1-114.rhfc4.at

Tim Towers
2005-11-13
2013-04-26
  • Tim Towers

Tim Towers - 2005-11-13

I have installed the MythTVFilters-cvsbuild-2005-10-13.exe file, and have configured both my backend so allow network connections and the filter configuration program so that it can connect with my mysql database. Testing the mysql connection with the button indicates all is OK.

Here are things that work fine:
    1. mapping a share from the backend server allows me to play .nuv files in media player classic.
    2. looking at the properties of the file, the mythtv file info seems to work, showing 640x480 RJPG files with LAME encoded sound.

Here are some issues that need to be reported:
    1. Trying to access the mysql properties page fails, with the error "Unknown column 'recorded basename' in 'where clause'"
    2. trying to access a mythtv: URL e.g. myth://mythtv.dragon-net:6543/1000_20051112184500_20051112195000.nuv from mythweb through mozilla, media player starts up but fails with the error: "Failed to render the file".
    3. Changing from a myth: URL to a file:\\server\path\filename URL inside mythweb seems to prevent anything from happening with mozilla, but using IE it seems to cause the file to be downloaded to be played rather than being streamed. This is slow, very slow since even a 16 minute file is 700Mb.
    4. If I select the .nuv override in the configuration so that it always uses mythbackend then I return to the "Failed to render the file" error.

• Ofer Achler

Ofer Achler - 2005-11-13

The MythTVFilter cvs builds are not meant to work with MythTV 0.18.1.  They are meant to work with MythTV CVS builds.

If you want to use MythTV 0.18.1, use the Stable DSMyth filters (0.10)

• Torbjörn Jansson

exactly, and that's why it's named "Experimental (mythtv cvs/svn)".

it's actualy svn now, mythtv source have been in subversion for some time now.

because of all the livetv changes in mythtv lately "MythTVFilters-cvsbuild-2005-10-13.exe" is not going to work with a recent build of mythtv from svn.
        there is lots of stuff that needs fixing to make livetv work again.
        once the livetv changes in mythtv svn settles down i'll start fixing the livetv code in the filters.

• Tim Towers

Tim Towers - 2005-11-17

I had tried the stable (0.10) version but it seemed to be further away from working properly with the current version of mythtv.

Do the changes with the livetv protocols effect playing of saved files through the myth backend?

I'm eager to try a newer version - scheduling and accessing saved programs from a windows based browser would be superb if it worked effectively.

• Torbjörn Jansson

using the lates experimental filters with the lates mythtv from svn will not work for files opend with urls (myth: mythlivetv:) and it will not work if you have the checkbox "always open nuv files from mythbackend" checked.

but, if have your *.nuv files (nupplevide type, not mpeg2) shared via samba or something like that you should be able to open them just fine.
        for mpeg2 files you can use for example vlc.

so what is broken/not yet fixed is communication with backend.

• pacman

pacman - 2005-11-22

I have the same problem. I can't get any (and I've tried them all) version of the stable (and not stable) filters to wirk with the mythtv-0.18.1-114.rhfc4.at release of myth. The problem is that dsmyth 0.10 has version 18 of the myth protocol and mythtv-0.18.1 has version 15. If I go back to vesion 0.9 the protocol version is 14 so they are still not compatible...

• Torbjörn Jansson

DSMyth v0.10 is NOT at protocol version 18.
          v0.10 is at protocol version 15.

either you have multiple different versions of the filters installed or you did not uninstall the previous version before installing another one.

uninstall all versions of the dsmyth filters, then install v0.10 (if you use mythtv 0.18.something)

if your backend still complains about wrong protocol version, open a cmd window and change to the directory where you installed the filters.
          then run the followin commands:

regsvr32 /u dsmyth.dll
          regsvr32 /u mythsource.dll
          regsvr32 /u NuvPropPage.dll
          regsvr32 /u rtjpg.dll

and then

regsvr32 dsmyth.dll
          regsvr32 mythsource.dll
          regsvr32 NuvPropPage.dll
          regsvr32 rtjpg.dll

it doesn't matter if the commands with /u complains.
          all of the commands without /u should work, if not you have a problem somewere.

as i said before, there is known mpeg2 problems with the v0.10 filters and that's the only version that have a compatibel protocol version for mythtv 0.18.
          the experimental filter releases is only for svn version of mythtv.

and no matter what version of the filters you use, all of them should be able to play software encoded recordings in mpeg4/rtjpeg.
          since this does not involve communicating with the mythtv backend.

clear as mud?

• pacman

pacman - 2005-11-24

Perfectly clear...
            ...I'll try it after work...

• Tim Towers

Tim Towers - 2005-11-29

A problem fixed - not sure if it will effect anything....

I had trouble accessing my mythtv box using a seperate server running minimyth. Database access was correct (as demonstrated by using mysql to connect and view entries in the options table), but the myth frontend kept saying there was a problem accessing the backend.

The solution was to change the backend IP in the mythtv-setup general page from a hostname to an IP address. Yes, I know, the system resolver library should make the two synonymous but apparently there is some difference.

• Torbjörn Jansson

as you already fount out, having the proper ip for the master backend in mythtv-setup is critical to making other computers than the master backend work.

all remote frontends/backends including the windows filters needs to connect to the master backend at the ip specified in mysql db (or hostname).
        if the computer where the master backend is have more then one network card you have to make sure the one connected to the other frontends/backends is used and ip is always safer than dns hostnames.