Want to make: BufferList plugin
I like the WindowList in Multiedit and want such a thing in drPython.
BufferList, WindowList, TabList, Doc(uments)List, ... (?)
I would prefer "WindowList"
Display (in ListCtrl):
- icons left (read only, modified, hidden)
- filename alone
- path alone
- hide, unhide tab would be great (the tab stays visible, but
it is overjumped in next/previous tab). it should be grayed or something like this
- (extension (then filename), filename, path (then filename)
- sort manually (disable up down, as for example in drScript Menu)
- manually sort
(should immediatly overtake the changes (also with esc; without an update button)
- close file
- save file
- able to sort an ListCtrl header directly (if not manually sort)?
- esc button: stay on old tab; but resorting should be take over
- ok button: select tab (double click on document entry in listctrl same effect
as ok butten (should call OnOk)
- resize (build in sizer; listctrl should be stretchable
to have a better overview for longer filenames or if many files are loaded)
In terms of naming, either:
DocList, FileList, TabList make the most sense,
since drpython does not have multiple windows
(Although you could make a plugin to allow multiple
Tab is only named for the notebook members.
FileList I don't like as well.
I think DocList or BufList the best.
ok DocList then.
In stc, there is a possibility for splitting stc
buffers. But i think, it would things more complicated,
and would it be worth the effort? No, I imagine.
The first beta release is out.
This plugin should be at first place a Document List Switcher.
If someone could take a quick glance at the code,
or support me, I would be glad.
Went quickly through the code and it looks ok :) I use the plugin now and I'll try to break it but I doubt I can ;o)
What is the "symbols" for? Is it just a placeholder, then I guess it should be around the table.
About the comments in the source... haven't gone deep enough to have answer to them.
I'm glad that you use it already.
It isn't finished yet.
For me it was also a bit complicated (with the
tabs and the txtDocumentArray).
The symbols should only be a description,
what the icons (for the time being only one; the file modified
icon) should mean.
I haven't implemented yet.
Perhapf later there should also be a "read-only"
or a hidden tab, if this feature is possible to implement.
Franz: a feature request: how about having double click on an item to be equal to the select button?
it is already on my todo list.
New temporary beta version.
next time, I promise, i want to take notice of the new plugin prescripts
must test myself still, but want to upload to get suggestions or improvements.
New Release 0.0.3
I have managed it, it should be pretty ready now (at least for the time being).
i would be very interested, if it works, as expected
some still unsolved problems (taken from the todo.txt)
Problem on linux with imagelist: I have put it in a try except statement meanwhile
- ????../src/generic/imaglist.cpp(74): invalid bitmap size in wxImageList:
- ????show modal: problems with stc cursor afterwards????
the cursor is not moved anymore (if you press the cursor keys)
- getbulb data (why "file corrupt", if inside class or plugin function?)
bug fix release and new feature toggle tabs.
Changed Name from DocList to TabList.
Integrate in File Menu now.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.