The cool folks over at groundhost.net have offered
to buy us a domain name, and offer free hosting for the project.
What thoughts (besides "woot!")?
Personally, I do not want to move the project from sourceforge, or change the name for the homepage (drpython.sf.net), as it is now easy to find.
However I think this might be ideal for setting up a community site for plugins and scripts.
www.drpythoncommunity.org, or some such.
It also might be a very useful tool for distributing plugins, or making it easier to edit the plugin list.
What about www.drpython.org or net (there can be a link to drpython.sf.net, or drpython.sf.net can have a meta-refresh to drpython.org)?
This is a very nice offering, big thanks to groundhost.net.
What about switching to SVN? I would know a good administrated server, with HTTPS transport, ViewCVS+SVN and such.
It is a very nice offering.
In terms of subversion, we haven't been making use of cvs as of late, so that alone would not be a reason.
(Unless we suddenly decide to, or if the translation efforts require a lot of people to work on the core program at once).
In which case, from what I have been reading about subversion that would be a huge plus (using it instead of cvs).
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.