Available for download at http://drjava.org .
DrJava is a lightweight programming environment for Java designed to
foster test-driven software development. It includes an intelligent
program editor, an interactions pane for evaluating program text, a
source level debugger, and a unit testing tool.
In addition to bug fixes, this development release includes a number
of new features introduced after the last stable release:
The language level facility has been changed to consist of two
language levels, Functional Java (corresponding to the old
Intermediate level) and Full Java. The old files can still be
compiled, but DrJava will ask if it should rename .dj0 and .dj1
to .dj and .dj2 files to .java.
DrJava's compiler support has been improved, and DrJava now supports
compiling files with file extensions other than .java, .dj, .dj0,
.dj1, and .dj2. This includes support for Habanero Java .hj files,
provided the Habanero Java compiler is installed.
DrJava preferences like indent level can now be stored on a per-
project basis (see "Project Properties", "Advanced").
Note: Java 1.4 compatibility has been dropped. To use DrJava, you will
need Java 5 or newer.
New features since the last stable release:
- refactored language levels
- improved compiler support, including support for Habanero Java
- The contents of the Compiler Errors pane can now be copied to
- DrJava preferences like indent level can now be stored on a
per-project basis (see "Project Properties", "Advanced").
Bug fixes since last stable release:
- Applet viewer not started in event thread anymore to avoid
- Static type checking for primitive casts in Interactions pane
Log in to post a comment.