DrJava is a lightweight programming environment for Java designed to foster test-driven software development. It includes an intelligent program editor, an interactions pane for evaluating program text, a source level debugger, and a unit testing tool.
Available for download at http://drjava.org. This development release contains some new features and several bug fixes that improve performance and stability. Most notable is the ability to close the System.in stream in the Interactions Pane.
Note: Java 1.4 compatibility has been dropped with this release. To use DrJava, you will need Java 5 or newer.
- The System.in stream can be closed by pressing Ctrl-D when in the input box.
- Imported classes and packages can persist over breakpoints and debugger steps. To enable or disable this, change the setting in the Debugger tab of the Preferences.
- When the "java MyClass" command is used to start a program in the Interactions Pane, the command is not translated to "new MyClass().main(...)" anymore, but retained as "java MyClass".
- If DrJava is unable to restart itself, e.g. if the heap size is too large for the machine, DrJava asks the user if it should reset the configuration and try again.
- Javadoc 6 is now linked correctly in the "Open Javadoc" feature.
- Several bug fixes related to unit testing and the debugger.