From: Brian Paul <brian@pr...> - 2000-06-15 15:04:08
I'd like to remind people that if you're going to submit a DRI
but report PLEASE PROVIDE USEFUL INFORMATION! Ambiguous reports
are unlikely to get any attention. Bugs that are well described
have a far better chance of getting fixed.
1. Either log into source forge or provide your email address in the
report. Then we have a way to contact you for more information.
2. Monitor your bug reports to see if we need more information.
3. Provide DETAILED information including the versions/dates of
the components you're using, the hardware, etc.
4. Submit small test programs or code fragments whenever possible.
5. After we announce code merges, download the latest code, test it
and update the bug report if needed.