Menu

No multicast RTL8111/8168/8411 rev 0c

DRBL Live
2018-07-10
2018-08-21
  • David Carvalho

David Carvalho - 2018-07-10

Hello. The desktops with the mentioned ethernet interface cannot be cloned using either multicast or broadcast. This is a network lab, where one row of older PCs connect using the same switch models and I can dump the image using multicast without any problem. One these, the clients connect to the session but keep waiting for it to start cloning. This is a MSI H81M-E34 board with version E7817IMS. Anyone else had a similar problem?
    Thanks!

• David Carvalho

David Carvalho - 2018-08-08

SOLVED
    First, let me say I'm currently using version 2.4.6-7 because of this
    https://sourceforge.net/p/drbl/discussion/DRBL_live/thread/1968486f/#4b7b

with version 2.2.2-1 I couldn't get IP address booting from this DRBL Live disk.
    The problem was that I only use this newest 2.4.6-7 DRBL live CD in this lab, because I had no issues with network connections in the others. After many tests, I found that the problem is that the I was editing Multicast address in /etc/drbl/drbl-ocs because i was instructed to by the network guys. At the time they told not to use the default 224.0.0.1 address, so I almost automatically edit the configuration file before starting the live Clonezilla Server. Please note that I was doing this for about 4 years now. I left all settings with the default values and it worked!
    Regards.

Last edit: David Carvalho 2018-08-08
  • Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2018-08-19

Thanks for sharing that.

Steven

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2018-08-19

BTW, we update Clonezilla live more frequently than DRBL live. Therefore if you need newer kernel to support your hardware, you can give Clonezilla lite server a try:
    https://clonezilla.org/show-live-doc-content.php?topic=clonezilla-live/doc/11_lite_server
    It also provides BT mode so maybe you can also give it a try.

Steven

• David Carvalho

David Carvalho - 2018-08-21

Thanks for the reply. Good to know that.
    Regards