Menu

(Solved) Unknown Small Linux distribution

DRBL Live
Arthur
2017-06-30
2017-06-30
  • Arthur

Arthur - 2017-06-30

I couldn't find any reference of this issue on the forum, so thought I would post the issue and solution just in case someone else encounters it.

I downloaded the latest stable version of Clonezilla Live (2.5.2-17-amd64) using tuxboot-0.8.3 and checking the Save ISO file box while creating a bootable USB stick. This gave me the following file:

clonezilla_live_stable-2.5.2-17-amd64.iso

After downloading it, I copied the ISO to my DRBL server. As you probably know you can install the new ISO on the server using the following command:

drbl-ocs-live-prep -i clonezilla_live_stable-2.5.2-17-amd64.iso

However, this generated the following error:

Unknown Small Linux distribution! This script only works with Clonezilla-live GParted-live! Program terminated!!!

This puzzled me for a while, but after some trying I found the problem. Apparently the drbl-ocs-live-prep command doesn't like it when the ISO file has underscores ( _ ) in its filename. So should you encounter this issue, just rename the file and replace any underscore with a hyphen ( - ) like so:

clonezilla-live-stable-2.5.2-17-amd64.iso

• Arthur Tromp

Arthur Tromp - 2017-07-05

I probably put this in the wrong part of the forum. DRBL for Debian/Ubuntu/B2D would be better since the issue I described concerns DRBL installed on Debian 8.8 with Clonezilla Live as OS. Sorry for that.

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2017-07-05

Thanks for reporting this. The official file name does not use underscore "_", instead the dash "-" is used. Therefore we will keep the way it is.

Steven