Menu

Extracting function call list from XML Output

Kevin P.
2010-10-01
2023-01-31
  • Kevin P.

Kevin P. - 2010-10-01

I have a moderately sized C project of about 2,900 functions.  I am using DOxygen 1.5.9 and it is successfully generating a call graph for the functions.  Is there a way to extract this out for further analysis?  A simple paired list would be sufficient, e.g.

Caller,Callee
    FunctionX, FunctionY

I am comfortable with XSLT but I must say that the DOxygen XML output is complex.  Has anyone done this before and can provide some guidance on how to parse the XML files?

Thanks in advance!

• py

py - 2010-10-06

Hi Kevin,
    I already parse the doxygen XML files providing a list of elements from given doxygen groups and it is not so complicated as it looks like initially.

As first step you can look on the provided Schemas index.xsd and compound.xsd (available in folder for generated XML). there is also a sample xslt there.

maybe you can write here your specific issues.

Regards,

• py

py - 2012-03-31

hi kevinpinto,
    you can get an idea where to look for your required info by processing the xml files via the supplied XSD available in same folder when you generate doxygen xml. this is in your case under <references> elements (I am on the same path now anyway, maybe we can share xslts..)

• Pierre Clouthier

Here is a project that traverses the Doxygen XML files, and extracts a functions summary (uses Qt):
    https://github.com/chakani/Doxygenator