Menu

DoubleCommand and Mavericks: downloading and isntalling rpoblem

Help
2013-11-02
2013-11-03
  • Emile N Nucho

Emile N Nucho - 2013-11-02

Hello,

I have tried several times to download and install 1.7 and kept running into a problem. Here is what happens:

1. I download DC 1.7

2. the little window with the unpacked box icon opens (as normal) and I click on it (and here comes the snag)

3. a window opens that says: "DoubleCommand-1.7.pkg" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. Below that, in smaller print it says:

"DoubleCommand-1.7.pkg" is on disk image"
                 "DoubleCommand-1.7 (1).dmg".Google Chrome downloaded this disk image today at 6:27 AM from doublecommand.sourceforge.net

As I mentioned, I tried several times, to no avail. I also should mention that I have been using DC for the last few years. The latest version I have been using was 1.69. I have never had any trouble with it, nor when downloading a newer version.

Technical details:

MacBook Pro 15" running on Mavericks completely up-to-date

Any ideas, please.

Many hanks,

Emile

• Michael Baltaks

Michael Baltaks - 2013-11-03

A tutorial like http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Software-from-Unsigned-Developers-on-a-Mac might help you install. Basically, you have to use the contextual menu (right click or control click) to open the file, rather than just double clicking. I hope that helps.