Menu

Lion Support?

todd
2011-07-21
2013-01-02
  • todd

todd - 2011-07-21

I can't seem to get DoubleCommand to work under Lion - anyone successful?  Tips / help?   Thanks!

• Michael Baltaks

Michael Baltaks - 2011-07-24

I'll just note that I've had at least one report of DoubleCommand working on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. I won't be able to try Lion for a while, but does the installer disable DoubleCommand? Can it simply be installed again after installing Lion?

• Emile N Nucho

Emile N Nucho - 2011-07-25

If you mean by Double Command, the ability to do forward deletes, then I have not even been able to do it on Snow Leopard. On the other hand, I have a Spanish keyboard which me explain that. But I have no idea which key can be used on a Spanish keyboard. Hit and Miss did not work out for me either.

If anyone has an answer to that, I would cetainly appreciate it.

Emile

• todd

todd - 2011-07-26

mbaltaks, I re-installed DoubleCommand and the installation works fine -- but setting Shift-Delete = Forward Delete simply has no effect; shift-delete simply = delete regardless. 

The sole code that shows on DoubleCommand reflecting my choice is 16384 - is there perhaps a different code that works on Lion to trigger forward delete?  Is there a way I can find out for you via Terminal / Hex editor to perhaps help other Lion users?

Thanks,

Todd

• Mark

Mark - 2011-08-02

All I need from DoubleCommand is to convert backslash to forward delete. That does not work in Lion. I've already tried reinstalling DoubleCommand without success. Any suggestions?

• olten

olten - 2011-08-02

give Key Remap a Chance! deinstall DC and install it it WORKS under LION !
    I works on all Mac not only on Notebooks like the Name say ! I use it for a long time !
    http://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook/

greetts from Europe
    Jarre

• Mark

Mark - 2011-08-02

Thank you, Jarre. I removed DoubleCommand and installed KeyRemap. It's superior to DoubleCommand, and it's working perfectly so far. I appreciate the lead.

• mike r

mike r - 2011-12-10

HELP!  I installed DC on a new MacAIR running Lion 10.7.2, apparently something went awry and it completely disabled my keyboard.  In a short moment of panic i also removed the entry from the System Preferences instead opening it.  As it sits I cannot delete C from startup items because OSX prompts me for a password.  Tried restarting wit Cntrl-S but still have no keyboard.  My system still boots and runs and mouse works but zero keyboard so cannot type any commands at all.

Hope I can get help here, at a total loass what to do and useless machine obviously.

• mike r

mike r - 2011-12-10

Well I got around my issue my iChating in with my other Mac and successfully running the uninstall, so I ok,=.  CErtainly will not be using DC on Lion anymore….