Building on Linux without OpenGL.

Help
simon wood
2001-11-26
2002-01-24
  • simon wood

simon wood - 2001-11-26

Hi all,
    great application, a friend's little boy really enjoyed playing StarDoom.....

I'd like to install it on my 2nd machine for networked games, but have a couple of issues are preventing me:
    1). It's GLIB1.5 so the prebuilt binaries don't work (older versions do, do but have different networking code).
    2). It's an older machine that doesn't have Accelerated X/OpenGL. I attempted to recompile the source, but looks like it needs GLX headers etc.

Is there a build option for removing the OpenGL capabilities, or would it be fairly simple to '#if' the appropriate sections?

Thanks,
    Simon W.

• Thierry Van Elsuwe

It should runs without OpenGL support perfectly even if you haven't OpenGL installed. If it's just a matter of a few include files, maybe you can copy them and build your onw version on you 2nd machine.

• Matt Oelfke

Matt Oelfke - 2002-01-24

You should be able to install GLX headers/libraries regardless of whether you have hardware acceleration. Of course, you won't really be using them so it's a waste of space except for Legacy, but if you can't figure out how to get it to compile without using the headers simply installing the files it wants should work.